Older Women & Housing in Victoria: Join a cross-sectoral solution workshop
The University of Melbourne is running an important workshop that focused on older women and affordable housing. They will explore the networks and solutions that help and hinder older women. And they want to hear from the people who are working to make solutions happen.
There are two workshop options to choose from:
- Workshop One (in person at the University of Melbourne Parkville Campus): Friday May 27 9am – 11:30am
- Workshop Two (online): Friday June 3 9am – 11:30am
Both workshops will centre around 3 key topics and will cover the same content:
- the organisations and individuals currently working to generate, manage, fund, advocate or innovate for older women’s housing
- the existing or potential solutions for older women’s housing in Victoria and
- the mechanisms necessary to scale or introduce housing solutions.
They will bring together people from across sectors to develop and extend solutions and co-create a statement on what needs to happen next to respond to the growing crisis of older women’s homelessness and housing stress. They will be conducting research to map the connections between organisations working in older women’s housing and homelessness to better understand how to support collaboration and scaling of solutions.
- Watch this video to learn more about the research: https://youtu.be/1zeBRGUos2A
- You will receive more information via email upon signing up to the workshop event including a a Plain Language Statement, a Consent Form and instructions on how to access the event.
For further information, contact the primary researcher, Dr Katrina Raynor, on [email protected]. This research is generously funded by the Lord Mayor’s Charitable Foundation.
Research is conducted by Dr Katrina Raynor, Professor Rebecca Bentley, Dr Chiara Broccatelli, Jacqui Storey and Professor Lars Coenen.
Anyone working in older women’s housing and/or homelessness that you really want to catch up with at the event? We invite you to forward this invitation on to them.